Based in the EU, the company is one of the major players that dominate the nutrition market.
- Create a tool for employee development and internal training.
- Allow non-tech-savvy users to publish and edit content in the app.
- Engage non-tech employees into using the app, additionally keeping them posted on the news of the company via the app.
- Mobile app development (iOS & Android)
- UI\UX design
- Backend development
- Infrastructure setup
- Develop and release the app on iOS & Android platforms simultaneously.
- Without developing a CMS, add the functionality that allows for an easier way to manage content, especially for non-technical users.
- Provide the ability to manage email groups and roles.
- Gamify the app and make interacting with it engaging so that employees could learn in a game format. The app should encourage active learning and staying abreast of the company’s news.
To build a mobile app that works on both iOS & Android, we chose React Native – one of the most popular frontend frameworks. The use of React Native as one codebase for two mobile platforms saves time and usually reduces development costs by about 50%.
To deliver the app that actually was an MVP expected to be scaled later, we used NestJS, a Node.js framework for building reliable and scalable applications.
Using Azure DevOps, we automated the CI/CD process to deliver changes better and faster.
To meet one of the essential requirements from the client – allow users to manage content via blog without developing a CMS – we used Azure as a cloud for storing the app's data and content.
After spending a little time learning to work with Azure, non-technical users could easily update content.
To provide secure access to the app, the Azure Active Directory was used for authorization development.